Tiny Holiday Tarts
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- cup Cranberry Nut Filling: Beat together 1 egg 3/4packed brown sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in 1/3finely chopped fresh cranberries and 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts.
- cup Pumpkin Sour Cream Filling: Beat together 1 egg 1/2canned pumpkin, 1/4sour cream, 1 tablespoon milk and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Optional: Pipe a star of fresh whipped cream on each cooled tart.
- cup Pecan Pie Filling: Beat together 1 egg 3/4packed brown sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in 1/2coarsely chopped pecans.
- cup Brownie Nut Filling: In a small saucepan heat and stir 1/2semisweet chocolate bits and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat till melted. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/3sugar, 1 beaten egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Place a whole hazelnut or peanut in each pastry. Top with 1 rounded teaspoon of chocolate mixture.
In a small mixer bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese. Stir in flour. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Press onto bottom and up the sides of ungreased 13/4-inch muffin cups. Fill each with 1 rounded teaspoon of filling (various fillings follow). Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly in pan. Remove and finish cooling on racks. Makes 24.