Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prep Time : 30 Min Cook Time: 8 hrs
- 1 pound shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes mashed, 15 ounce
- 1 can enchilada sauce 10 ounce
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can chopped green chile peppers 4 ounce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5 ounce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package frozen corn 10 ounce
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 258 | Total Fat: 10.7g | Cholesterol: 44mg
Garnish with grated Cheddar, avocadoes, and a splash of fresh lime juice."