Peanut Butter Truffle Centered Banana Bread Muffins - Gluten-Free
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar - 1/2 C ground oatmeal 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 large ripe bananas or 3 small
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg or egg substitute
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups flour or gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Place peanut butter and powdered sugar into a medium bowl, mixing until well combined. With a small cookie scoop, scoop evenly into the bottom of lined cupcake cups.
3. In a large bowl mash bananas until well mashed. Stir in sugars, egg and buttermilk until well combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until just combined. Evenly scoop batter over peanut butter truffle filled cups, about 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cooked through. Let cool completely and serve.
*Note: After these finished photos I re-worked the banana bread recipe a touch so it was even more moist, so the texture of your muffins may look just slightly different than these photos 🙂 Never fear, they are incredible!!* xoxo
*Note #2: You can also choose to place your dollops of peanut butter truffle mix on top of the banana bread batter rather than on the bottom. Either way is scrumptious, just a slightly different look 🙂
Makes 12 servings