Old Fashioned German Potato Salad
- 3 C lg cubed potatoes
- 6 in slices bacon cut1/2" pieces
- 1/2 med Onion cut up
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C vinegar
- 1/4 C sugar
1. Boil 3 C lg cubed potatoes in salted water about 15 min.
2. Fry several (6) slices bacon, cut in 1/2" pieces and 1/2 med onion, cut up. Pour off 1/2 of grease.
3. Beat 1 egg - add 1/3 C vinegar and 1/4 C sugar.
4. Pour in skillet on top of bacon and boil slowly. (Makes sort of mayonnaise)
5. Put the potatoes in skillet and mix.
ps. you may add more or less vinegar and sugar to taste.