- 1/2 pound margarine or butter softened, 2 sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned uncooked)
- 1 package butterscotch chips 11 oz.
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oats and butterscotch chips; mix well.
Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 7 to 8 minutes for a chewy cookie or 9 to 10 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
ABOUT 4 DOZEN
NUTRITION INFORMATION: 1 cookie
Calories 120, Calories From Fat 55, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 2.5g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrates 15, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 1g, Total Sugars 10g.