Crispy Chicken Snacks
- Vegetable oil
- 2 C Bisquick baking mix
- 1 can beer 12 oz, 1 1/2 C
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts skinned and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 bottle sweet and sour sauce 10 oz
Heat oil (1") in Dutch oven or deep-fat fryer to 375°. Mix baking mix, beer and cheese; let stand until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Dip chicken into batter, letting excess drip into bowl (make sure pieces are separated). Fry 10 to 12 pieces at a time, turning if necessary, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately with sweet and sour sauce. About 5 dozen snacks.
* Do-ahead tip: after frying, snacks can be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours or rozen up to 1 week. To serve, place on ungreased cookie sheet. Heat in 400° oven until hot, 6-8 minutes for refrigerated snacks, 8-10 minutes for frozen snacks.