CHIMENTI MEAT SAUCE
- Country Style Pork Ribs 1 Pkg.
- Crushed Tomatoes 2 Cans
- Tomato Paste 1 Sm. Can
- Onion Finely Chopped ½ - Whole Depending on size.
- cloves Garlic Finely Chopped 3Depending on Taste
- Basil To Taste
- Oregano To Taste
- Green Pepper Finely Chopped To Taste
- Celery Finely Chopped To Taste
- Carrots Finely Chopped To Taste
- Mushrooms Sliced To Taste
In large saucepan put in enough water to cover bottom. Brown meat on all sides, adding water if necessary. Sauté together in same saucepan (with meat) onion, garlic, celery, carrot & green pepper. Add crushed tomatoes and paste. Add two cans of water. (This rinses cans and gets excess sauce into pot.) Add Basil & Oregano. Add Mushrooms when you feel like it since they do not take long to cook.
Cook sauce on low heat 4 to 6 hours. Cook until thick. Take meat out when it starts to fall apart. Stir occasionally making sure to get everything that sticks to the sides and to the bottom.